Rotary Club of Melissa
Melissa Rotary was established on April 22, 2010. Weekly meetings continue to be held. As of January 2023, the club meets the first, third and fifth Thursdays at 7:30 a.m. in the Melissa Independent School District Administration building located at 1904 Cooper Street. The second Thursdays are noon luncheon meetings. The fourth Thursdays are evening “Rotary at Night” meetings at 7pm.
Our club Mission: We are people who share a passion for Community service and friendship, promoting service efforts in vital areas of our growing Community.
Our club Vision: A growing, diverse, friendly membership developing service partnerships in a joint effort to strengthen our community in support of its leaders, schools, and organizations. We continue to support Rotary International where people unite and take action to create lasting change — across the globe.
Melissa Rotary Club’s purpose is to help improve the quality of life for our community locally and internationally. We are a service organization that promotes service efforts in vital areas of our growing Community. We do this by developing partnerships in a joint effort to strengthen the Community.
From its beginning in 2010, the club has had an impact through several projects such as
- Melissa Flag Lease Program
- Providing dictionaries to the elementary and intermediate school libraries
- Spreading Mulch in Melissa parks and playgrounds
- Dictionaries for MSID school children
- Samaritan Inn homeless shelter support and food drives for the Melissa Community Outreach food pantry
- Funding Knox Boxes to Melissa Fire Department for local homes
- Creation and on-going support of the high school Interact Club, developing future leaders
- Funding a veteran’s memorial at Melissa City Hall, along with Veterans and Memorial Day observances
- Financial support for the international Shelter Box disaster response kits
- Providing games and puzzles for the Collin County Juvenile Detention Center
- Supporting the international distribution of hygiene kits after natural disasters
- Hand UP Africa (AIDS education)
- Malawi Girls education (Orant charity)